Thursday, February 3, 2011

How Green Tea Diet Can Make You Lose Weight


When you dine in Chinese restaurants, complimentary tea is always offered. One Chinese proverb said "it's better to be deprived of food for three days, than go without tea for one".  Clearly, tea is part of the Chinese culture. Nadine Taylor offered the explanation why in her book Green Tea: The Natural Secret for a Healthier Life. It says tea, specifically green tea has been used as medicine in China for 4, 000 years. Even during the ancient time, Chinese have known the value of tea in their lives.



Now, I have been on look-out recently for a drink that can make me stay up late without making me dizzy and lightheaded like coffee does. Green tea seem to have the same effect, only better, because the effect is longer. Not only that, it makes me feel fuller and my bowel movements often. I have been struggling for days curbing my appetite, but when I started drinking green tea, I could go for hours not eating anything. And even though green tea contains less caffeine than coffee, I totally feel like it does make me feel more energetic.






Research-wise, green tea are said to burn calories faster and increase metabolism. It is rich in catechin polyphenols that said to help burn calories and prevent damaging effects of free radicals especially after a heavy work-out, thus making it a good anti-oxidant to help battle free radicals in our body. As it is herbal, it is also 100% natural.





If you drink green tea, you could also benefit from its other health benefits such as its ability to inhibit the growth of cancer cells. It can kill cancel cells without damaging healthy cells. It helps prevent rheumatoid arthritis and cardio vascualr diseases.



No comments:

Post a Comment